Monday, September 23, 2013
Demonstrated some of my favorite Bible-based catechizing techniques twice at a diocesan event this past weekend. Had 75 minutes to work with each time, cut into five 15-minute units:
1. Drawing as a teaching tool
2. Using skits as a teaching tool.
3. Teaching through learning bits of New Testament Greek.
4. Using fine art as a teaching tool.
5. Using props as teaching tools.
I presented the first four methods the same way as I did last March at another event. A synopsis of that 60-minute session is here: Teachers' Conference.
For the 5th unit, I used a balloon, a rubber fetus, two beach towels, three volunteers, and an umbrella to make a few observations about Mary's perpetual virginity. The essential content is here.
It was the quickest 75 minutes of my life, and I'm ready for another gig.